The Mary "Pinkie" Bell Scholarship
The Mary "“Pinkie"” Bell Scholarship
The Nellie Prather Foundation proudly offers the Mary “Pinkie” Bell scholarship, in honor of our founders’ dear mother Mary “Pinkie” Bell, whom dedicated her life to assisting young women in pursuit of their life goals. The purpose of the Mary Pinkie Bell scholarship is to provide assistance to college bound high school seniors enrolled in the “Lady Diva” program, to encourage them to continue in their quests to make an indelible mark within society.
To qualify, each applicant must meet the listed criteria, and be in good standing in their school.
Mary “Pinkie” Bell Scholarship Criteria:
• Student must be currently enrolled in the Nellie Prather Foundation Lady Diva program at their school
• Student must obtain three (3) letters of recommendation, one from a school administrator, one from a community leader, and one from a Nellie Prather Foundation staff member.
• Student must create an 500 word essay detailing; volunteer experience, accomplishments, and describe why they should be considered for the Mary “Pinkie” Bell Scholarship. (Be sure to include experiences in the NPF “Lady Diva” program and how it has had a positive impact on your life since enrolling).
• Student must exhibit outstanding leadership within their school (i.e. academics, attendance, behavior).
• Student must provide a completed scholarship application.
Applicants must return both the application and essay to the Nellie Prather Foundation main office at Fort Dearborn Elementary School located at 9025 South Throop, Chicago Illinois 60620.
The deadline for all scholarship applications/essays will be TBD.
Complete “TYPED” essay for this portion of your application on a separate sheet.